Alaska Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs
Alaska faces serious and worsening nursing shortages just like the rest of the country and the world, with rural Alaska experiencing a shortage, especially inFind
Now the southwest and northern regions. In Alaska an aging population requires additional nurses. Also, more residents now bring their elderly parents to Alaska for care, according to the state Department of Labor and Workforce Development. Alaska is highly rural and it is often difficult and inconvenient for residents to find access to programs in nursing. Like other states, a shortage of Nurse Educators and classroom space only worsen the problem.Distance delivery options help allieviate the shortage by offering a viable means of internal workforce development through accredited LPN to RN/BSN programs, RN to BSN programs, and RN-MSN programs. Alaska hopes to grow its own faculty and bridge the critical need for additional Nurse Practitioners through distance education programs. Nurses and allied health care professionals will find career options and opportunities readily available in Alaska.
Nurses With Advanced Degrees In Demand
In Alaska, RNs with at least a bachelor's degree (BSN) will have better job prospects than those without a bachelor's. Nurse Educators, BSN prepared nurses, home health nurses, and all advanced practice specialties -clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, and nurse anesthetists-are in high demand in both rural and urban areas.
In order to meet the increasingly complex demands of today's health care environment, many healthcare agencies prefer or require a minimum of a bachelor's degree for their nursing staff, so now is the perfect time for LPN's to enroll in an online LPN to RN program, or LPN to BSN degree program, for RN's to take an online RN-BSN degree completion program, or RN to MSN bridge program, and for BSN nurses to earn an MSN degree.
Average Nursing Base Salaries:
|Nursing Assistant: $27,742 - $33,845||Licensed Practical Nurse: $41,465 - $49,966|
|RN Staff Nurse: $64,823 - $78,675||Nurse Practitioner: $88,046 - $103,780|
Find Nursing Schools and Healthcare Programs For Alaska
Browseaccredited nursing schools and healthcare programs that accept students from Alaska, then request free information from any or all schools offeringprograms that match your needs:
This list also contains online schools that accept students from Alaska
Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- San Diego
- San Diego
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
- Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Founded in 1856, Seton Hall is one of the country’s leading Catholic universities.