Alaska Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs
Alaska faces serious and worsening nursing shortages just like the rest of the country and the world, with rural Alaska experiencing the greatest shortage, especially inFind
Now the southwest and northern regions. In Alaska an aging population requires additional nurses. Also, more residents now bring their elderly parents to Alaska for care, according to the state Department of Labor and Workforce Development. Alaska is highly rural and it is often difficult and inconvenient for residents to find access to programs in nursing. Like other states, a shortage of Nurse Educators and classroom space only worsen the problem.Distance delivery options help allieviate the shortage by offering a viable means of internal workforce development through accredited LPN to RN/BSN programs, RN to BSN programs, and RN-MSN programs. Alaska hopes to grow its own faculty and bridge the critical need for additional Nurse Practitioners through distance education programs. Nurses and allied health care professionals will find career options and opportunities readily available in Alaska.
Nurses With Advanced Degrees In Demand
In Alaska, RNs with at least a bachelor's degree (BSN) will have better job prospects than those without a bachelor's. Nurse Educators, BSN prepared nurses, home health nurses, and all advanced practice specialties -clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, and nurse anesthetists-are in high demand in both rural and urban areas.
In order to meet the increasingly complex demands of today's health care environment, many healthcare agencies prefer or require a minimum of a bachelor's degree for their nursing staff, so now is the perfect time for LPN's to enroll in an online LPN to RN program, or LPN to BSN degree program, for RN's to take an online RN-BSN degree completion program, or RN to MSN bridge program, and for BSN nurses to earn an MSN degree.
Average Nursing Base Salaries:
|Nursing Assistant: $27,742 - $33,845||Licensed Practical Nurse: $41,465 - $49,966|
|RN Staff Nurse: $64,823 - $78,675||Nurse Practitioner: $88,046 - $103,780|
Find Nursing Schools and Healthcare Programs For Alaska
Browseaccredited nursing schools and healthcare programs that accept students from Alaska, then request free information from any or all schools offeringprograms that match your needs:
This list also contains online schools that accept students from Alaska
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale
A degree from CTU connects you to what matters most: powerful professional network, real-world professional faculty and innovative technology. Once you earn your degree you hit the ground running.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs
There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Doctor of Nurse Practice
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
Work toward your degree online with University of Cincinnati Online.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
Concordia College-New York M.S. Degree Programs Online
Concordia College-New York offers accredited, innovative graduate degrees online to help you advance your career and become a transformative leader.
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.