RN Programs in Arizona
Astudy by the Arizona Healthcare Workforce Data Center conducted in 2008 estimates the state will need an additional 49,000 registered nurses by 2017 to keep pace with Arizona's growth and to replace nurses who retire or quit. The problem is especially acute in Arizona due to the state's rapid growth and a $3 billion-plus hospital construction boom that will add nearly 3,000 beds over the next few years. Arizona's nursing shortage is widespread with 12 of 15 counties experiencing below-average nursing levels. Arizona's mild winters draw thousands of "Snowbirds" from colder states each year which gives rise to plentiful employment opportunities year round for permanent staff as well as Travel Nurses. Nurses and Allied Healthcare professionals will find jobs plentiful, the climate appealing in its diversity, affordable housing and good wages in Arizona. In Arizona, RNs with at least a bachelor's degree (BSN) will have better job prospects than those without a bachelor's. Nurse Educators, BSN prepared nurses, home health nurses, and all advanced practice specialties -clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, and nurse anesthetists-are in high demand in both rural and urban areas.
In order to meet the increasingly complex demands of today's health care environment, many healthcare agencies prefer or require a minimum of a bachelor's degree for their nursing staff, so now is the perfect time for LPN's to enroll in an online LPN to RN program, or LPN to BSN degree program, for RN's to take an online RN-BSN degree completion program, or RN to MSN bridge program, and for BSN nurses to earn a MS in Nursing degree.
Average Nursing Base Salaries:
|Nursing Assistant: $23,641 - $28,842||Licensed Practical Nurse: $35,336 - $42,580|
|RN Staff Nurse: $55,242 - $67,046||Nurse Practitioner: $75,032 - $88,441|
Find Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs in Arizona
Browseaccredited Arizona nursing schools and allied health programs that accept students from Arizona, then request free information from any or all schools offering programs that match your needs:
This list also contains online schools that accept students from Arizona
Grand Canyon University - College of Nursing & Health Care Professions. Online & Campus - Bachelor's and Master's Degrees!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Specialized, industry-current degree programs in Health Administration Services, Healthcare Management and Nursing.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing for Baccalaureate Degree Graduates
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student.
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
- DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Wilkes Barre
- Wilkes Barre
Advance your career. 100% Focused on Health Sciences.
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota's Online Master's Programs
At Saint Mary's, we take pride in offering online graduate degrees designed to complement the schedules of working adults like you. Get an affordable, convenient education from a top-ranked university that's grounded in real-world applications.