RN Programs in Arizona
Astudy by the Arizona Healthcare Workforce Data Center conducted in 2008 estimates the state will need an additional 49,000 registered nurses by 2017 to keep pace with Arizona's growth and to replace nurses who retire or quit. The problem is especially acute in Arizona due to the state's rapid growth and a $3 billion-plus hospital construction boom that will add nearly 3,000 beds over the next few years. Arizona's nursing shortage is widespread with 12 of 15 counties experiencing below-average nursing levels. Arizona's mild winters draw thousands of "Snowbirds" from colder states each year which gives rise to year round positions for permanent staff as well as Travel Nurses. Nurses and Allied Healthcare professionals will find jobs plentiful, the climate appealing in its diversity, affordable housing and good wages in Arizona. In Arizona, RNs with at least a bachelor's degree (BSN) will have a better job outlook than those without a bachelor's. Nurse Educators, BSN prepared nurses, home health nurses, and all advanced practice specialties -clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, and nurse anesthetists-may be required in both rural and urban areas.
In order to meet the increasingly complex demands of today's health care environment, many healthcare agencies prefer or require a minimum of a bachelor's degree for their nursing staff, so now is the perfect time for LPN's to enroll in an online LPN to RN program, or LPN to BSN degree program, for RN's to take an online RN-BSN degree completion program, or RN to MSN bridge program, and for BSN nurses to earn a MS in Nursing degree.
Average Nursing Base Salaries:
|Nursing Assistant: $23,641 - $28,842||Licensed Practical Nurse: $35,336 - $42,580|
|RN Staff Nurse: $55,242 - $67,046||Nurse Practitioner: $75,032 - $88,441|
Find Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs in Arizona
Browseaccredited Arizona nursing schools and allied health programs that accept students from Arizona, then request information from any or all schools offering programs that match your needs:
This list also contains online schools that accept students from Arizona
Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? Apply to GCU!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- San Diego
- San Diego
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults.
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online