Online Nursing Degree and CLEP Tests
Speed up your online degree process and cut costs as well by receiving college credits for subjects you already have knowledge about through earning qualifying scores on College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests. Wise students save countless hours and dollars every year through CLEP testing. Currently, there are 34 computer administered General and Subject exams which offer you the opportunity to earn between 3 to 12 semester hours of credit per course, thereby speeding up your degree by skipping courses in subject areas you`re already familiar with. Additionally, CLEP testing saves you money because CLEP tests only cost $70 plus a small administrative fee, which is far less costly than tuition and books for regular courses. Successfully passing CLEP exams could shave the time it takes to earn your degree by a course, a semester, or even more.
More than 2,900 colleges and universities, (including online colleges), grant credit or advanced standing for satisfactory scores you earn on CLEP tests. The American Council on Education recommends the minimum score for awarding credit (50% or more is usually a passing score), but each institution determines its acceptable score and the amount of credit granted for each examination, so before taking CLEP tests find out if your online college accepts CLEP and ask about acceptable scores. CLEP tests take 90 minutes each on average, are multiple choice or fill in the blank, except for the English Composition with Essay Exam, and are administered throughout the year at more than 1,400 testing centers around the country. Scores are computed instantly in most cases and the testing fee includes transmitting your scores to the college or university you specify when you register. You can find a testing center near you, then contact the test center directly to register and schedule a test and pay fees.
CLEP Exams Are Free For US Military, Veterans & Some Civilians
CLEP exams are free to active Duty and reserve military personnel, DOD Acquisition Personnel (certain tests only), other eligible civilian employees, and spouses of participating Coast Guard and Reserve Components. Military veterans can seek reimbursement from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for CLEP exams and fees. Interested Veterans should visit the VA`s National Testing Program Q&A page to determine eligibility and learn how to submit for reimbursement: http://www.gibill.va.gov/pamphlets/testing.htm.
What CLEP Tests Are Available?
There are 34 CLEP tests that offer a faster path to a college degree, letting students who pass them get college credits without having to take the classes, and we`ve listed the current ones below for your convenience. For detailed descriptions of each exam along with knowledge and skills required and study resources, see: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/exams.html
- Composition and Literature
- American Literature
- Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
- English Composition
- English Literature
- Freshman College Composition
- Science and Mathematics
- College Algebra
- College Mathematics
- Natural Sciences
- Foreign Languages
- French Language (Levels 1 and 2)
- German Language (Levels 1 and 2)
- Spanish Language (Levels 1 and 2)
- History and Social Sciences
- American Government
- Human Growth and Development
- Introduction to Educational Psychology
- Introductory Psychology
- Introductory Sociology
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Social Sciences and History
- U.S. History I: Early Colonizations to 1877
- U.S. History II: 1865 to the Present
- Western Civilization I: Ancient Near East to 1648
- Western Civilization II: 1648 to the Present
- Financial Accounting
- Introductory Business Law
- Information Systems and Computer Applications
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
Study What You Need To Know To Pass CLEP Exams
Many internet sites charge hefty fees for various CLEP Test preparation programs, practice tests, and even flash cards that promise to help you pass CLEP tests. Bear in mind that CLEP tests cover introductory level courses, so don`t allow yourself to be so stressed out or worried that you go and spend a lot of money on those sort of services. Some useful study material that won`t cost you much at all, (under $20), and may even be available for free from your local library, is listed below:
1. The CLEP Official Student Guide 2009, developed by the test maker, features practice questions for all 34 CLEP exams. It includes exam descriptions and test-taking tips and strategies.
2. Cracking the CLEP, published by Princeton Review, focuses on the most popular CLEP subject tests, including English Composition, College Mathematics, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Natural Sciences. This includes includes 5 full-length sample exams with questions exactly like those on real CLEP exams, and there are complete explanations for every solution in the book. Acing the CLEP is very different from getting straight A`s in school, so The Princeton Review doesn`t try to teach you everything there is to know about every subject -- only the techniques that you need to score higher on the CLEP.
Cracking the CLEP will teach you how to:
- Eliminate answer choices that look right but are planted to fool you
- Avoid the tricky Restructuring Sentences and Analyzing Writing questions on the English exam
- Tackle the Humanities exam by using clues in the questions
- Crack the algebra problems by "plugging in" numbers in place of letters
- Ace the Social and Natural Science exams by tailoring your review to the tests
3. CLEP exam guides for specific subjects are worth getting if you only intent to take a few tests. These individual guides are available for download in PDF format for as little as $10 each directly from the CollegeBoards`s web site, or if you prefer to have a copy that you can have in hand to study at your convenience regardless of where you happen to be, then you may prefer to purchase one of the many available new or used Clep Individual Subject Guides online at a nominal cost.
Need Help Finding Scholarships?
Amazon.com offers free shipping for products they sell directly, so you may want to add another product you need anyway in order to boost your total to $25 or more, so may we recommend you also consider the 2009 College Board Scholarship Handbook,the fastest, easiest way to identify private, federal, and state funding sources for your college education. 100% updated and verified for 2009.
West Coast University
Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? Apply to GCU!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Specialized, industry-current degree programs in Health Administration Services, Healthcare Management and Nursing.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student.
- RN to MS - Nursing Informatics
- M.S. with Major in Nursing - Nursing Informatics
- DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Wilkes Barre
- Wilkes Barre
Turn your talents into a career at nationally recognized and accredited Platt College.
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale