How She Did It: Ashlee Barnes
Occupation: Registered Nurse (RN, BSN)
Location: Pontiac, Mich.
Why she wanted to enter the field: I entered the nursing field because I wanted to promote high-quality health care among individuals and make a difference in the lives of others, medically.
How she entered the field: I thought that I wanted to be a dentist until I completed my first internship in undergraduate school. I then researched the field of nursing and realized that it was perfect for me. I contacted Oakland University School of Nursing and took the necessary steps to enroll. I loved it and it is definitely one of the best decisions that I have made in my life.
How she paid for it: My parents paid for my undergraduate college experience, all-inclusive. I also received some scholarships.
Most memorable experience thus far: Graduating from the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program!
Would she do it all over again: I am actually doing it all over again in some aspects! I am about to graduate with my Master's of Science in Nursing Education in April 2012 and continue to complete a Post-Master's Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner. My BSN program was predominantly face-to-face, but I did take some online classes when they were offered. However, 90 percent of my MSN program is online and I absolutely love the online nursing program! I love the fact that I can relax in the comfort of my own home and complete my assignments. Also, I love how I have the opportunity to use advanced technology during these classes for lectures and presentations. I absolutely love nursing school!
One career tip for others: Always think before you act and never give up!
Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Unitek College – About Us
Unitek College™ is a privately held vocational school dedicated to helping you gain the skills needed to advance your career or begin a brand new career.
- South San Francisco
- South San Francisco
Elevate Your Life
If you’re willing to put in the work, take each step with determination, and never stop climbing, Summit College can help you elevate your education – and elevate your life.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- San Diego
- San Diego
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Founded in 1887, Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students. Benedictine is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)