RN Programs in Connecticut
Connecticut's nursing shortage is reaching crisis levels. As thousands of positions go unfilled, more patients than ever require talented, dedicated care, according to "Code Blue: Calling All Nurses", a live, interactive town meeting held in2009, by PBS and Hartford Hospital, central Connecticut's leading tertiary medical center. Connecticut is a small state geographically, but it is the fourth most densely populated state in the nation.A report issued by the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration states that by 2010, Connecticut will be short more than 11,000 registered nurses. And by 2020, that number is projected to double, leaving Connecticut with fewer than half the nurses it needs. State health and hospitals officials say the need for nurses in Connecticut is greater than all other health professionals combined, but other allied-health professionals such as physical therapists and radiology technicians are also in high demand. The demand for Nurses and healthcare professionals continues to grow. "The number of outpatient clinics, walk-in medical treatment centers, ambulatory surgical centers and H.M.O.'s, all of which employ nurses, has tremendously increased over the last few years", said the associate vice president for public affairs for the hospital association, Albert F. May.Connecticut's efforts to educate enough nurses to meet future demand are hampered by a severe shortage of Nurse Educators, and like other states, nursing schools in Connecticut have long waiting lists and have had to turn applicants away.
Nurse Educators, Nurse Practitioners, experienced acute-care and emergency-room nurses, and allied health professionals of every variety are all in high demand in Connecticut. According a report by HealthLeaders Media, nursing program graduates in Connecticut can generally expect a starting salary of around $50,000--not including overtime pay, which many employers offer, and most employers will pay for continuing nursing education programs such as online LPN-to-RN program, and RN to BSN degree programs.
Average Nursing Base Salaries:
|Nursing Assistant: $26,342 - $32,138||Licensed Practical Nurse: $39,373 - $47,455|
|RN Staff Nurse: $61,553 - $74,706||Nurse Practitioner: $83,605 - $98,545|
Find Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs For Connecticut
Browse accredited nursing schools and allied health programs that accept students from Connecticut, then request free information from any or all schools offeringprograms that match your needs:
This list also contains online schools that accept students from Connecticut
Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? Apply to GCU!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- San Diego
- San Diego
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
Founded in 1887, Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students. Benedictine is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).