RN Programs in Hawaii
The state of Hawaii ( Hawai`i) is made up of eight main islands: Niihau, Kauai, Oahu, Maui, Molokai, Lanai, Kahoolawe and the Big Island of Hawaii. Located approximately 2,390 miles from California; 3,850 miles from Japan; 4,900 miles from China; and 5,280 miles from the Philippines, Hawaii is the most isolated, and the most beautifulinhabited place on earth. Hawaii hasn't been immune to current economic conditions and new grad nurses may temporarily have a more difficult time finding their preferred first job due to slower hospital hiring and veteran nurses who have postponed retirement for economic reasons. The Hawai'i State Center for Nursing's current fact sheet clearly states that "this short term trend has NOT altered long term projections about the nursing shortage"."The number of RNs is projected to increase very little from 2007 to 2020, but the demand for RNs will skyrocket. Our current shortage of approximately 1,000 registered nurses is expected to more than double in 10 years and nearly triple by the year 2020. Estimates also indicate that by 2015, 31% of Hawai'i's RN workforce will retire. And by 2020, that number will rise to 61%." The bad news doesn't end there. Hawai'i's population is aging faster than the rest of the country. So the increasing demand for nursing care and other nursing services will only intensify the already troubling nursing shortage.
Critical Shortage of Nurse Educators...
Malama Hawai'i (caring for and protecting Hawaii) is difficult without enough nurses! Hawaii's nursing programs currently turn away qualified applicants, and will continue to do so, because they can't handle major expansion. "Nursing faculty are also aging: 60 percent are age 50 or over, and perhaps 20 percent of them will retire within five years", according to Sandra LeVasseur, an associate professor at the University of Hawaii's School of Nursing. Although the Legislature recently provided funds to increase enrollment in the state's nursing programs, LeVasseur predicts "we're still not going to be able to produce enough nurses to replace and fill the vacancies that will likely be present in 2020." Luckily, accredited online LPN to RN degree programs, RN to BSN completion programs, RN to MSN, and Master's in Nursing degree programs are available from prestigious online nursing schools, which help working nurses earn the necessary credentials to expand job opportunities and advance their Nursing career.
Average Nursing Base Salaries:
|Nursing Assistant: $26,263 - $32,041||Licensed Practical Nurse: $39,255 - $47,303|
|RN Staff Nurse: $61,369 - $74,482||Nurse Practitioner: $83,354 - $98,249|
Find Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs in Hawaii
Browse accredited Hawaii nursing schools and allied health programs then request information, at no cost, from any or all schools offeringprograms that match your needs:
This list also contains online schools that accept students from Hawaii
Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults.
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- San Diego
- San Diego
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
Founded in 1887, Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students. Benedictine is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).