RN Programs in Kansas
Like most states, Kansas is temporarily experiencing a slight reprieve in the nursing shortage due to economic conditions that are driving retirement age nurses to postpone retirement and bringing experienced nurses who left the profession back to work, making jobs for new grad nurses more difficult to find. With most of the nurses in the state are in their upper 40s and 50s, the 129 hospitals in Kansas are going tobe scrambling to find enough nurses once the economy starts to improve and those nurses who stayed on for economic reasons leave. Meanwhile, universities in Kansas are turning away hundreds of qualified nursing students because of a lack of nurse educators, andthe nursing faculty shortage is only expected to worsen as an aging faculty workforce transitions into retirement. Furthermore, future projections suggest the state's aging population will increase demand for health care services, particularly in long term care settings.
Kansas has a great need for additional Nurse Practitioners and Nurse Midwives to provide primary care to underserved rural and urban areas, and for Nurse Educators. In order to meet the increasingly complex demands of today's health care environment, many hospitals and other health care employers that don't already require a BSN degree for new hires have established "BSN preferred" policies, so now is the perfect time for LPN's to enroll in an online LPN to RN/BSN program, for RN's to take an online RN-BSN degree completion program, or RN to MSN bridge program, and for BSN nurses to pursue a MS in Nursing degree. Accredited campus-based nursing schools in Kansas are listed below.
Average Nursing Base Salaries:
|Nursing Assistant: $22,780 - $27,792||Licensed Practical Nurse: $34,049 - $41,029|
|RN Staff Nurse: $53,229 - $64,603||Nurse Practitioner: $72,299- $85,219|
Find Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs For Kansas
Browseaccredited nursing schools and allied health programs that accept students from Kansas, then request free information from any or all schools offering programs that match your needs:
This list also contains online schools that accept students from Kansas
Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults.
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Founded in 1887, Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students. Benedictine is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- San Diego
- San Diego
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)