RN Programs in Louisiana
Louisiana's nursing shortage has reached an all-time high, with an estimated 4,663 positions unfilled, and a dire shortage of nurse faculty, just as the demand for healthcare services is growing. The faculty shortage and lack of funds to hire nurse educators forced Louisiana nursing schools to turn away 1,690 qualified students in 2008, according to the association. The average age of a U.S. nurse is 47, and because more nurses retire than graduate each year, that age is only going up. Yet as baby boomers approach retirement, students are finding themselves rejected from nursing schools by the thousands because of a shortage of nursing faculty. The national nursing shortage that's been going on for years was made worse in southeast Louisiana by Hurricane Katrina. The nursing shortage is acute in the metropolitan New Orleans area and is the limiting factor in the number of hospital beds that can be opened. According to Louisiana Health Works, the Occupation Forecasting Report and the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
There's Far More To Louisiana Than New Orleans
Renowned for Mardi Gras revelry, French Quarter, and Cafe du Monde'sbeignets, New Orleans is the most populous city in Louisiana, but did you know that out of 64 parishes in Louisiana, 40 are designated as rural and are Health Professional Shortages Areas? There are 112 Acute Care Hospitals in Louisiana, 50 of which are located in rural areas. Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Midwives, Registered Nurses, and Allied Health Care providers are in great demand to provide care in Louisiana's urban and rural areas.
Nurses With Advanced Degrees In Demand
In order to meet the increasingly complex demands of today's health care environment, many hospitals and other health care employers that don't already require a BSN degree for new hires have established "BSN preferred" policies, so now is the perfect time for LPN's to enroll in an online LPN to RN program, or LPN to BSN degree program, for RN's to take an online RN-BSN degree completion program, or RN to MSN bridge program, and for BSN nurses to earn a MS in Nursing degree.
Average Nursing Base Salaries:
|Nursing Assistant: $24,522 - $29,916||Licensed Practical Nurse: $36,652 - $44,166|
|RN Staff Nurse: $57,299 - $69,543||Nurse Practitioner: $77,826- $91,734|
Find Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs For Louisiana
Browse accredited nursing schools and allied health programs that accept students from Louisiana, then request free information from any or all schools offering programs that match your needs:
This list also contains online schools that accept students from Louisiana
Your Education, Your Schedule! Take one class at a time. Choose on campus, online, or both at Keiser University.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Accelerated)
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale
Why earn your degree at Grand Canyon University? GCU is a regionally accredited university offering graduate and undergraduate degrees in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more. Apply today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- San Diego
- San Diego
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Founded in 1887, Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students. Benedictine is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Get hands-on training with Remington College.
Prefer to speak with a Customer Service Rep? Call 855-264-3155 toll-free now!