RN Programs in Maryland
With most of the nurses in Maryland being in their upper 40s and 50s, nurses will be in very short supplyonce the economy starts to improve and those nurses who stayed on for economic reasons leave. "The current nursing shortage has eased because of the economy, but the long-term shortage is as big as ever and will continue to grow if we don't do anything about it," said Jessica Jackson, a spokeswoman for the Maryland Hospital Association. As the aging baby boom generation begins to place additional pressures on the health care system and the nursing workforce of the same generation begins to retire, the worsening nursing shortage has the potential to seriously impact the delivery of health care in Maryland. The average age of a U.S. nurse is 47, and because more nurses retire than graduate each year, that age is only going up. Despite the recession, acute-care and emergency-room nurses, nurses to work in long term care settings, Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Midwives, BSN prepared (or higher) Registered Nurses, and Allied Health Care providers remainin great demand throughout Maryland. With Maryland facing a shortage of 10,000 nurses in less than a decade isn't it time to enhace your nursing career options by earning an advanced nursing degree?
In order to meet the increasingly complex demands of today's health care environment, many hospitals and other health care employers that don't already require a BSN degree for new hires have established "BSN preferred" policies, so now is the perfect time for LPN's to enroll in an online LPN to RN program, or LPN to BSN degree program, for RN's to take an online RN-BSN degree completion program, or RN to MSN bridge program, and for BSN nurses to earn a MS in Nursing degree.
Average Nursing Base Salaries:
|Nursing Assistant: $24,950 - $30,439||Licensed Practical Nurse: $37,292 - $44,937|
|RN Staff Nurse: $58,300- $70,757||Nurse Practitioner: $79,186- $93,336|
Find Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs For Maryland
Browseaccredited nursing schools and allied health programs that accept students from Maryland, then request free information from any or all schools offering programs that match your needs:
This list also contains online schools that accept students from Maryland
Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? Apply to GCU!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Specialized, industry-current degree programs in Health Administration Services, Healthcare Management and Nursing.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
Sacred Heart University Online
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
Grow Your Career with the University of Saint Mary
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)