Montana Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs
Montana is very rural state with a large percentage ofits population living in areas with limited access to primary health care sevices, causing the state to rely heavily on physician assistants and nurse practitioners to deliver primary care in these underserved locations. In Montana, the nursing and health care worker Find
Now shortage is as real as it ever was, and is expected to worsen as many RNs entering their fifties and sixties retire. While the nursing shortage in Montana was less than 1 percent in 2005, it is estimated that that number will jump to 25 percent in 2020. There is a critical shortage of BSN nurses in the state which is exacerbated by the scarcity of nursing schools, availability to BSN programs and/or BSN completion programs in existing schools, and geographical contraints that make it difficult for nurses in rural Montana to attend nursing schools.Unfortunately Montana's nursing schools continue to have to turn away qualified applicants for the state's nursing programs because of a critical shortage of nurse educators, lack of clinical sites, and budget constraints.Montana is experiencing critcal shortages of nurses, physicians, dentists, pharmacists, and allied health technicians. Generally, RNs with at least a bachelor's degree (BSN) will have better job prospects than those without a bachelor's. Geriatric nurses, home health nurses, and all advanced practice specialties -clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, and nurse anesthetists-are in good demand, particularly in medically underserved areas such as inner cities and rural areas.
In order to meet the increasingly complex demands of today's health care environment, many healthcare agencies prefer or require a minimum of a bachelor's degree for their nursing staff, so now is the perfect time for LPN's to enroll in an online LPN to RN program, or LPN to BSN degree program, for RN's to take an online RN-BSN degree completion program, or RN to MSN bridge program, and for BSN nurses to earn a MS in Nursing degree.
Average Nursing Base Salaries:
|Nursing Assistant: $21,578- $26,323||Licensed Practical Nurse: $32,278 - $38,896|
|RN Staff Nurse: $50,251- $60,999||Nurse Practitioner: $68,355- $80,569|
Find Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs For Montana
Browse accredited nursing schools and allied health programs that accept students from Montana, then request information, at no cost to you, from any or all schools offering programs that match your needs:
This list also contains online schools that accept students from Montana
Your Education, Your Schedule! Take one class at a time. Choose on campus, online, or both at Keiser University.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Accelerated)
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale
Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Founded in 1887, Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students. Benedictine is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- San Diego
- San Diego