RN Programs in Nebraska
Nebraska has a shortage of nurses and allied health workers that is most severe in small towns and rural areas, with 49 out of 93 Nebraska counties are classified as healthcare provider shortage areas presently, and that is expected to worsen as many RNs entering their fifties and sixties retire. The Nebraska Center for Nursing projects a 20 percent shortage of nurses in the state by 2020, with rural areas affected the most.Unfortunately Nebraska's nursing schools continue to have to turn away qualified applicants for the state's nursing programs because of a critical shortage of nurse educators, lack of clinical sites, and budget constraints. UNMC College of Nursing reports that "up to 60% of qualified BSN applicants are turned away annually." The nursing faculty shortage couldn't come at a worse time. Baby boomers are aging, developing more chronic conditions that will cause their health-care needs to grow dramatically, which will require a larger and more highly educated nursing workforce. There is a critical shortage of BSN nurses in the state which is worsened by the faculty shortages as well as by geographical contraints that make it difficult for nurses in rural Nebraska to attend nursing schools.Generally, RNs with at least a bachelor's degree (BSN) will have better job prospects than those without a bachelor's. BSN prepared nurses, home health nurses, and all advanced practice specialties -clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, and nurse anesthetists-are in high demand throughout Nebraska, particularly in medically underserved areas such as inner cities and rural areas.
In order to meet the increasingly complex demands of today's health care environment, many healthcare agencies prefer or require a minimum of a bachelor's degree for their nursing staff, so now is the perfect time for LPN's to enroll in an online LPN to RN program, or LPN to BSN degree program, for RN's to take an online RN-BSN degree completion program, or RN to MSN bridge program, and for BSN nurses to earn a MS in Nursing degree.
Average Nursing Base Salaries:
|Nursing Assistant: $21,928- $26,750||Licensed Practical Nurse: $32,802 - $39,527|
|RN Staff Nurse: $51,067- $61,990||Nurse Practitioner: $69,465- $81,878|
Find Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs For Nebraska
Browse accredited nursing schools and allied health programs that accept students from Nebraska, then request free information from any or all schools offering programs that match your needs:
This list also contains online schools that accept students from Nebraska
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale
Why earn your degree at Grand Canyon University? GCU is a regionally accredited university offering graduate and undergraduate degrees in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more. Apply today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- San Diego
- San Diego
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online