New Mexico Nursing Schools
New Mexico, like the rest of the nation, is experiencing a nursing shortage that is expected to worsen over the next few years. Despite rising unemployment rates and a weakening economy, current, conservative estimates still predict that in the next decade the U.S. will begin to experience one of the worst shortages of registered nurses in the nation's history. Unlike nurse shortages in the past, a rapidly aging population, a subsequent increased demand for RNs, plus an aging nursing workforce drive this nurse shortage, unparalleled in American nursing.By 2020 the USA will have 1 million fewer registered nurses than it needs. At the same time, the HRSA predicts that New Mexico will only be able to meet 64 percent of its demand for nurses. One of the reasons for the increasing shortage is that, as the current nurse workforce ages, a growing proportion of those nurses will begin to retire, with a sharp increase around the year 2015. As baby boomers age and require more health-care services than ever before, the number of nurses entering the field isn't anticipated to meet the demand. In New Mexico RNs with at least a bachelor's degree (BSN) will have better job prospects than those without a bachelor's. Nurse Educators, BSN prepared nurses, home health nurses, and all advanced practice specialties - clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, and nurse anesthetists-are in good demand throughout New Mexico.
In order to meet the increasingly complex demands of today's health care environment, many healthcare agencies prefer or require a minimum of a bachelor's degree for their nursing staff, so now is the perfect time for LPN's to enroll in an online LPN to RN program, or LPN to BSN degree program, for RN's to take an online RN-BSN degree completion program, or RN to MSN bridge program, and for BSN nurses to earn a MS in Nursing degree.
Average Nursing Base Salaries:
|Nursing Assistant: $22,893- $27,927||Licensed Practical Nurse: $34,245 - $41,267|
|RN Staff Nurse: $53,314- $64,718||Nurse Practitioner: $72,522- $85,480|
Find Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs For New Mexico
Browse accredited nursing schools and allied health programs that accept students from New Mexico, then request information, at no cost to you, from any or all schools offering programs that match your needs:
This list also contains online schools that accept students from New Mexico
Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? Apply to GCU!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- San Diego
- San Diego
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults.
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security.