North Dakota Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs
While some jobs may be tough to come by in the current economy, nursing jobs in Find
Now North Dakota aren't among them. North Dakota has a shortage of nurses, a situation that is expected to continue as the state's elderly population grows- especially in rural areas. The health care industry in North Dakota serves a multi-state region that includes rural Minnesota, North and South Dakota and Montana. Nursing workforce needs in this region are driven by a rural, aging citizenry that includes a significant American Indian population. Current, conservative estimates still predict that in the next decade the U.S. will begin to experience one of the worst shortages of registered nurses in the nation's history. Unlike nurse shortages in the past, a rapidly aging population, a subsequent increased demand for RNs, plus an aging nursing workforce drive this nurse shortage, unparalleled in American nursing. One of the reasons for the increasing shortage is that, as the current nurse workforce ages, a growing proportion of those nurses will begin to retire, with a sharp increase around the year 2015. North Dakota's elderly population will double by 2020, creating huge demands for both skilled nurses and nursing assistants. In North Dakota, RNs with at least a bachelor's degree (BSN) will have a better job outlook than those without a bachelor's. Nurse Educators, BSN prepared nurses, home health nurses, and all advanced practice specialties — clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, and nurse anesthetists — are professions that are sought after in both rural and urban areas.
In order to meet the increasingly complex demands of today's health care environment, many healthcare agencies prefer or require a minimum of a bachelor's degree for their nursing staff, so now is the perfect time for LPN's to enroll in an online LPN to RN program, or LPN to BSN degree program, for RN's to take an online RN-BSN degree completion program, or RN to MSN bridge program, and for BSN nurses to earn a MS in Nursing degree.
Average Nursing Base Salaries:
|Nursing Assistant: $21,904- $26,721||Licensed Practical Nurse: $32,766 - $39,484|
|RN Staff Nurse: $51,011- $61,922||Nurse Practitioner: $69,389- $81,788|
Find Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs For North Dakota
Browse accredited nursing schools and allied health programs that accept students from North Dakota, then request information, at no cost to you, from any or all schools offering programs that match your needs:
This list also contains online schools that accept students from North Dakota
Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- San Diego
- San Diego
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Founded in 1887, Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students. Benedictine is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale
Founded in 1856, Seton Hall is one of the country’s leading Catholic universities.