South Dakota Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs
The health care industry in South Dakota serves a multi-state region that includes rural Find
Now Minnesota, South and North Dakota and Montana. Nursing workforce needs in this region are driven by a rural, aging citizenry that includes a significant American Indian population. Current, conservative estimates still predict that in the next decade the U.S. will begin to experience one of the worst shortages of registered nurses in the nation's history. Unlike nurse shortages in the past, a rapidly aging population, a subsequent increased demand for RNs, plus an aging nursing workforce drive this nurse shortage, unparalleled in American nursing. One of the reasons for the increasing shortage is that, as the current nurse workforce ages, a growing proportion of those nurses will begin to retire, with a sharp increase around the year 2015. South Dakota's elderly population will double by 2020, creating huge demands for both skilled nurses and allied health professionals. Rapid changes in health care and technology require the nursing profession to continually expand its role.Educators and health planners see the growing demand for nurses not only as a need for additional personnel but also for additional education, with more nurses prepared in baccalaureate programs that emphasize leadership, patient education, case management, and care across a variety of acute care and outpatient settings. Nurse Educators, BSN prepared nurses, home health nurses, and all advanced practice specialties — clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, and nurse anesthetists — are professions that are sought after — especially in rural areas.
In order to meet the increasingly complex demands of today's health care environment, many healthcare agencies prefer or require a minimum of a bachelor's degree for their nursing staff, so now is the perfect time for LPN's to enroll in an online LPN to RN program, or LPN to BSN degree program, for RN's to take an online RN-BSN degree completion program, or RN to MSN bridge program, and for BSN nurses to earn a MS in Nursing degree.
Average Nursing Base Salaries:
|Nursing Assistant: $21,880- $26,692||Licensed Practical Nurse: $32,730 - $39,441|
|RN Staff Nurse: $50,955- $61,854||Nurse Practitioner: $69,313 - $81,698|
Find Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs For South Dakota
Browse accredited nursing schools and allied health programs that accept students from South Dakota, then request information, at no cost to you, from any or all schools offering programs that match your needs:
This list also contains online schools that accept students from South Dakota
Your Education, Your Schedule! Take one class at a time. Choose on campus, online, or both at Keiser University.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Accelerated)
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale
Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? Apply to GCU!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Health Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- San Diego
- San Diego
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
Founded in 1887, Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students. Benedictine is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).