Career For Healthcare Administration Degree Holders
1. Executive Management - More and more health care is a business - a people business - but a business just the same. Someone needs to manage all the business aspects and that is where a health care executive comes in. A health care administration degree may be of help for this position. A health care CEO's starting salary may begin around $200,000 according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
2. Chief Technology Officer - IT budget of may increase for hospitals since they are opting for electronic systems to maintain medical records. This means that managers of technology in hospitals may be in demand.
3. Office Administration - With doctors and nurses, patients and family members moving through hospital halls someone has to keep everything working normally - this person is usually a hospital office administrator.
4. Ambulatory Services Management - The one who co-ordinates the Ambulatory services are ambulatory services managers.
5. Managing Human Resources - Individuals trained in human resource management may be required to run an efficient hospital.
6. Finance Managers - Finance gurus with health care administration degrees may be needed to manage the finance in this industry.
7. Management in a Specialty Office - In addition to managing all the departments at a hospital a degree in health administration may also be used to manage the office of a specialty service including gastroenterology, dermatology, cardiology and pediatrics among others.
8. Communications Manager - With increase competition many hospitals are seeking experienced communicators to help them build a brand and stand out among the crowd. A degree in health care administration may help you become the spokesperson to extol the praises of a hospital that is changing the world for patients.
All these positions and many more may be waiting for people who have a degree in health care administration.
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Bachelors in Healthcare Administration and Management
Founded in 1887, Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students. Benedictine is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
The University of Scranton has grounded its education in Catholic and Jesuit principles based on intellectual growth and integrity, all of which shape the online master’s and certificate programs. You can choose one of five degree programs from a selective institution ranked among the top 10 master’s universities in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Ed. D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Health Care Administration
- M.S. in Health Care Administration
- Master of Public Administration with an Emphasis in Health Care Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- San Diego
- San Diego
Turn your talents into a career at nationally recognized and accredited Platt College.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management