Career For Healthcare Administration Degree Holders
1. Executive Management - More and more health care is a business - a people business - but a business just the same. Someone needs to manage all the business aspects and that is where a health care executive comes in. A health care administration degree may be of help for this position. A health care CEO's starting salary may begin around $200,000 according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
2. Chief Technology Officer - IT budget of may increase for hospitals since they are opting for electronic systems to maintain medical records. This means that managers of technology in hospitals may be in demand.
3. Office Administration - With doctors and nurses, patients and family members moving through hospital halls someone has to keep everything working normally - this person is usually a hospital office administrator.
4. Ambulatory Services Management - The one who co-ordinates the Ambulatory services are ambulatory services managers.
5. Managing Human Resources - Individuals trained in human resource management may be required to run an efficient hospital.
6. Finance Managers - Finance gurus with health care administration degrees may be needed to manage the finance in this industry.
7. Management in a Specialty Office - In addition to managing all the departments at a hospital a degree in health administration may also be used to manage the office of a specialty service including gastroenterology, dermatology, cardiology and pediatrics among others.
8. Communications Manager - With increase competition many hospitals are seeking experienced communicators to help them build a brand and stand out among the crowd. A degree in health care administration may help you become the spokesperson to extol the praises of a hospital that is changing the world for patients.
All these positions and many more may be waiting for people who have a degree in health care administration.
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Doctor of Business Administration: Healthcare Management
- MS: Human Performance: Clinical
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition and Wellness
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
For important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended these programs, go to: www.aiuniv.edu/disclosures
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- Master's Healthcare Management
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults.
The University of Scranton has grounded its education in Catholic and Jesuit principles based on intellectual growth and integrity, all of which shape the online master’s and certificate programs. You can choose one of six degree programs from a selective institution ranked among the top 10 master’s universities in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
Located in Fairfax, Virginia, George Mason University is the largest public research university in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Saint Joseph’s University is a comprehensive, regionally accredited university. Our national rankings and AACSB accreditation in the Haub School indicate the high quality of our undergraduate, graduate, and executive programs both online and on campus. Guided by a faculty committed to both teaching and scholarship, students develop intellectually, spiritually and emotionally through a unique curriculum, and advanced study in a chosen discipline.