West Virginia Nursing Schools
West Virginia faces a rising nursing shortage due to aging baby boomers, a growing need in health care, and a lack of capacity in nursing schools due to faculty shortage. The nursing shortage crisis is particularly troublesome for West Virginia because of the large senior population in the state. In fact, West Virginia has the second largest percentage of seniors over 65 in the U.S. according to the West Virginia Center on Budget and Policy (July 2012). By 2035, it is expected that the number of elderly in the state will grow to 25 percent of the population. Unfortunately, despite looming nursing shortages, West Virginia's nursing schools are forced to turn away or place on waitlists many qualified registered nursing applicants each year due to a shortage of Nurse Educators and clinical facilities.Educators and health planners see the growing demand for nurses not only as a need for additional personnel but also for additional education, with more nurses prepared in baccalaureate programs that emphasize leadership, patient education, case management, and care across a variety of acute care and outpatient settings. Nurse Educators, BSN prepared nurses, home health nurses, and all advanced practice specialties - clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, and nurse anesthetists — all professions that are sought after — especially in West Virginia's rural areas where there is much need of primary care for an increasing aging population with chronic diseases.
In order to meet the increasingly complex demands of today's health care environment, many healthcare agencies prefer or require a minimum of a bachelor's degree for their nursing staff, so now is the perfect time for LPN's to enroll in an online LPN to RN program, or LPN to BSN degree program, for RN's to take an online RN-BSN degree completion program, or RN to MSN bridge program, and for BSN nurses to earn a MS in Nursing degree.
Average Nursing Base Salaries:
|Nursing Assistant: $21,923- $26,744||Licensed Practical Nurse: $32,795 - $39,519|
|RN Staff Nurse: $51,056- $61,976||Nurse Practitioner: $69,450 - $81,860|
Find Nursing Schools and Allied Health Programs For West Virginia
Browse accredited nursing schools and allied health programs that accept students from West Virginia, then request information, at no cost to you, from any or all schools offering programs that match your needs:
This list also contains online schools that accept students from West Virginia
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
- MS in Nursing
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale
Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- San Diego
- San Diego
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults.
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
Founded in 1856, Seton Hall is one of the country’s leading Catholic universities.
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online